The Institute for Briquetting and Agglomeration (IBA) announces its 35th Biennial Technical Conference, which will be held in St. Pete Beach in the state of Florida, November 13th – 15th.
For over 50 years, the IBA has sponsored the premier conference on state-of-the-art agglomeration technology. The papers presented will include details of actual operations, as well as theoretical approaches to agglomeration. This is the conference that will enable you to interact with the delegates and to discuss specific issues with the industry experts on a one-to-one basis.
See the registration tab below for more information on conference registration. Please note that those who register prior to October 13th will receive a discounted rate for registering early. Prices will increase by $100 starting October 13th.
Tutorial (Session 1)
Industry experts will offer an overview of agglomeration technologies, techniques, and best practices. The tutorial is an excellent opportunity to learn the basics of agglomeration and to participate in an open forum. Past tutorial attendees have said they appreciated listening to the tutorial since it laid the groundwork for understanding the technical papers that followed.
The conference will be held at Loews Don Cesar Hotel, 3400 Gulf Boulevard, St. Pete Beach, FL 33706.
Preliminary Conference Program
Saturday November 11th5:00 PM to 7:00 PMRegistration
Sunday November 12th9:00 AM to NoonRegistration10:00 AM to NoonBoard MeetingNoon to 5:00 PMRegistration5:30 PMVendor’s Night Reception
Monday November 13th7:30 AM to 8:30 AMAuthors Breakfast7:30 AM to 9:00 AMRegistration9:00 AM to 5:00 PMSessions 1 (Tutorial) & 2
Tuesday November 14th9:00 AM to 5:00 PMSessions 3 and 46:30 PM to 9:00 PMPresidents Banquet
Wednesday November 15th9:00 AM to Noon
Current List of Speakers…
- Michael D. White, John Heapy; Bepex; The Use of Dryers in Agglomeration Systems
- Wiley Bradford; Stellar Manufacturing; Considerations for Processing Materials with Dust Explosion Hazards in a Granulation Process
- Rick Steele and Aitber Bizhanov; JC Steele; Stiff Extrusion Agglomeration . . Can it Compete with Sintering?
- Greg Wolken; Borregaard LignoTech; New Lignosulfonate Binders for Granulation, Pelleting, Briquetting, and More
- Harald Gunter; Koppern GMBH & Co.; The Application of Roller Presses for the Opposite Purpose: Size Reduction Instead of Size Enlargement
- Hyun-Soo Kim PhD and Shikyung Yoon; POSCO Technical Research Center, Ironmaking Research Group; Development of Ferrous By-Product Recycling Process in Finex
- Don Fosnacht; NRR/University of Minnesota; Iron Briquette Development for Iron Ore Reduction and Biofuel Densification
- Kim Morris; Buhler Aeroglide; TBD
- Greg Mehos; University of Rhode Island, Kevin Lai; GEA, Vinnie Hebert; Brookfield Engineering; Improving the Flow Behavior of Powders by Combined Spray and Fluid Bed Drying
- Seung-Wan Kim and In-Kook Suh; POSCO; Improving Sintering Performance of Low Grade Iron Ores by Briquetting Technology
- Komar Kawatra; Michigan Technological University; Iron Ore Pelletization
- M.N. Moraes and P. Bonadia; Magnesita S/A R&D Center; Effect of Different Rolls Speed on a Briquetting Machine for Simultaneous Grinding and Densification of Caustic Magnesia
- Srinivasa Rao Chennam; Harsco Metals & Minerals; Waste to Wealth and Health, Briquetting and Micro Pelletizing at JSW Steel, Bellary, India
- Willy Cilengi ; BASF ; Lowering the Operating Cost using Organic Binder in Briquetting/Pelletizing of Iron, Manganese and Chromite Ore Fines, A South Africa Study Case
- Erick Bubniak; Diproinduca ; Closing the By-products Recycling Loop at DRI Plants: Recycled iron Briquettes (RiB)
Additional paper titles will be added as they become available.
DON CESAR HOTEL
3400 GULF BOULEVARD
ST. PETE BEACH, FLORIDA 33706
1-800-282-1116 | HOTEL: 727-360-1881
Online (copy and paste): https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx?Hotel=76807&Chain=8708&arrive=11%2f10%2f2017&depart=11%2f15%2f2017&adult=1&child=0&group
ASK FOR THE IBA 2017 BIENNIAL CONFERENCE GROUP
You are responsible for your room reservations and payment. Make sure you notify the hotel that you will be attending the Institute for Briquetting and Agglomeration Conference to obtain negotiated room rate. A block of rooms will be held until October 20th. If no rooms are available or your reservation is later than October 20th you will be charged the prevailing rate without conference discounts.
The negotiated room rate is $199.00 per night single or double.
Rate does not include taxes (12%) or a $12.00 per day resort fee.
All rates are in U.S. Dollars.
The group room rates will apply three (3) days prior and three (3) days after the conference dates, based upon availability of group room rates, at the time of request.
Check-in time is 4:00 PM, Check-out is 11:00 AM.
Parking is $10.00 per day self, $23.00 per day valet.
- Wireless internet access
- 24-hour access to Fitness Center and Studio
- Complimentary Tastings
- Yoga and aerobics classes daily
- Press-reader Access
- Unlimited local phone calls
- Two bottled waters daily
- Turndown service upon request
- In-room coffee
- Non-motorized watersports rentals, 8 – 10 AM
- 24-hr. shoe shine service
- Poolside Pampering
- Notary Services
- Pool and beach games
- Airline boarding pass printing
- Half-day access to Camp CeSar
On Monday night there will be a Reception where all attendees and guests are invited to meet and mingle while enjoying complementary beverages and hors d’ oeuvres. Tables are provided to member companies who choose to participate in the event. The table is to be set up prior to 5 PM Sunday and must be dismantled at the conclusion of the reception.
Interested in exhibiting at Vendor’s Night? Click “Add to Cart” to purchase your spot now! Cost is $950.00 (Note: in order to exhibit at Vendor’s Night, you must also be registered for the Conference.)Please Note: If purchasing a booth for Vendor’s Night, please email [email protected] to advise if 120V-1PH-60HZ is required.
Conference fees include Vendors Night Reception and the Presidents Banquet. Again, a limited number of student discounts are available. Please contact the IBA for additional information and qualification criteria.
You can register by downloading and completing the form below and mailing or emailing it to the contact information listed below. You may also register online by clicking the “Register Now” button below. Those who register prior to October 13th will receive a discounted rate for registering early. Prices will increase by $100 starting October 13th.
Again this year, student discounts are available for half price (for both technical sessions and workshop). Those wishing to register as a student must submit their information and proof of attendance at an accredited University via email ([email protected]) or post to the IBA PO Box.
Conference Registration Form (pdf) Conference Registration Form (Microsoft Word)
PAYMENT FOR CONFERENCE FEES:
MAIL OR EMAIL THE FIRST TWO PAGES OF THE REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT TO:
INSTITUTE FOR BRIQUETTING AND AGGLOMERATION
P.O. BOX 205
PORTERSVILLE, PA 16051
PAYMENT ACCEPTED BY:
COMPANY OR PERSONAL CHECK, MONEY ORDER OR PAYPAL
- Papers will be presented over the three day period that will cover agglomeration equipment, applications, ancillary equipment and processes and new developments. There is still time to submit your abstract for inclusion in the program. Please send it to [email protected]